Monday, July 12, 2010

Fishing Fawn Lake



Last weekend I went fishing and camping at Fawn Lake, one of my favourite lakes. Fawn Lake is about a 6 hour drive north of Vancouver. The drive is gorgeous. There are hundreds of miles of beautiful scenery and nature. Sometimes when I drive here I see bears, foxes, and moose. This year I saw deer. There are always deer. That's why Fawn Lake has its name - fawn means baby deer.

The fishing was pretty good. I caught a lot of rainbow trout that were 1.5 - 3 lbs (pounds). Here is a picture of two beautiful rainbows I caught. They were delicious!

The camping was very relaxing. Although it was a little cold, we had a big camp fire to keep us warm. We also had a barbeque every night and cooked a lot of great food. The weather was also good and it didn't rain until the last night - thank god it was the last night. Camping in the rain is no fun.

If you ever get a chance to go camping, you have to go. Nothing is more peaceful and relaxing than sleeping in a tent in the fresh air, looking at the stars at night, and listening to the birds in the morning (actually, the bird aren't so peaceful and relaxing - they start at 4:30 in the morning!!! My first thought when I hear the birds is "How beautiful!" my second thought is "Where's my gun?").

3 comments:

Pages